- Residential care homes for the elderly
Residential care homes for the elderly
Meridian residential care homes for elderly people
When an elderly person is no longer able to look after themselves, there are several options open to them. One of their relatives may have the time and energy to become their carer. Sometimes elderly people can carry on living in their own home for many years, receiving visits from home care staff or local authorities.
However, in many cases, the best option is an elderly care home like the ones Meridian provides across the north of England. From Liverpool to Leeds, Stockport to Scunthorpe, we have a variety of residential care homes for the elderly. All are located in quiet, leafy areas, and residents can choose the one closest to their family and friends.
Residential care homes for the elderly can give the resident and their relatives peace of mind. Life at a Meridian care home is happy and care-free, thanks to a range of services:
- A thermostat in each room, so you're never cold
- All costs are inclusive, so no more bills to worry about
- Laundry service and room cleaning while you put your feet up
- Haircuts and manicures in our on-site salon
- Your dentist, GP and optician can come to see you
- Medically trained staff available for emergencies
- Three tasty home-cooked meals per day served in the dining room
- Best of all, Meridian's residential care homes are safe and secure, so you can get a good night's sleep, and there are plenty of sociable activities to enjoy, so you're never lonely.
Personal care for elderly people
Elderly people can be frail or have mobility problems such as arthritis. Therefore, the staff at Meridian's residential care homes for the elderly are specially trained to provide personal care services. This can be as simple as an arm to lean on while strolling around the garden, or a bit of a hand getting out of bed, but care can also include eating, washing, getting dressed or administering medications. Of course, it's not just about making sure an elderly person is safe and comfortable; dignity, privacy and quality of life are fundamental values at all Meridian care homes.