What do we mean by 'Nursing Care'?
We provide 24-hour nursing care and support, every day of the year. Come and take a look around to make sure our services are right for you.
Care centres with nursing offer accommodation and meals under the supervision of qualified nursing staff. They also facilitate the social aspects of life so that you can still enjoy the company of others and take part in activities and social events organised by the care centre.
Who is Nursing Care for?
You are likely to find nursing care appropriate if your illness or disability requires regular or complex nursing intervention. Often individuals who have been in hospital are subsequently assessed as requiring nursing care by the local PCT and social services, and if this is the case, you will be informed of this before you are discharged from hospital. Our care centre manager will also assess your care needs to ensure that we can meet your individual requirements.
Our nursing care centres have all the services of a residential care centre with the added benefit of nursing staff present 24 hours a day. Nurses and other staff on duty at the care centre undergo a wide range of statutory training related to the care of older people. We also provide access to complemetary training, specific to the needs of each care centre's residents.
24-hour nursing care in a friendly setting
As well as providing 24-hour nursing care services, we aim to make our nursing care centres something of a home-from-home. We believe that happiness, comfort and dignity will not only improve your quality of life while in our care, but could make you feel better in yourself. Whether your stay in our nursing care home is long-term or just temporary, we help you feel right at home in a number of ways:
- Bring your own personal touches and furniture from home to decorate your room how you like it, and keep up with your favourite programmes on your personal colour television.
- We provide three hearty meals per day at our nursing homes, as well as plenty of cups of tea; let us know if you have any dietary requirements or preferences and we'll adapt our menu.
- There are plenty of activities you can try, from arts and crafts or gentle exercise to entertainment and parties, all helping you make friends, have fun, and feel like part of the Meridian community.
- If you prefer peace and quiet you can use our reading rooms, the patios and gardens or just stay in your own bedroom we understand our residents prefer privacy sometimes.
- Visitors are welcome at any time in our nursing care centres, and many bedrooms have a telephone in them for residents to use.
Exactly the same approach is used in our award-winning residential care homes for the elderly; if you no longer require round the clock nursing care, you can of course stay with us in one of these centres.
Gold Standard Care
Our nursing care centres are all registered or working towards the Gold Standards Framework for end of life care. This important scheme encourages and recognises best practice in the this area. We are delighted that our most recent assessments have resulted in homes achieving Beacon Status which means that the Gold Standards Framework team feel that these homes provide the very best care for those who are dying and coming to the end of their life. All our nursing homes work to the same exacting standards and those with the Quality Hallmark are looking forward to acheiving Beacon Status when they are next re-assessed.
For more information, visit: www.meridiancare.co.uk/gsf