Awards and accreditations
Over the years we have won many awards for the excellence of our facilities and our staff. Our success continues.
All our Care Centres have been awarded the coveted IIP Award and have been commended by Investors in People for our excellent staff training and development programme.
Pinders Healthcare Design Awards 2013
We are delighted that the fantastic The Oakes in Huddersfield has been shortlisted for a prestigious best design for older people award. The judges visit takes place in February/March with the winners being announced later in March 2013.
Great North West Care Awards 2013
As Winner of the North West region's Care Innovator Award, Sharon Wood will attend the Great British Care Awards in London and stands a change to win the category overall. Here's hoping Sharon's HARMONY initiative wows the judges.
Great North West Care Awards 2012
Winner - Care Innovator Award - Sharon Wood, Quality Assurance Manager
Finalist - Care Team Award - Lauren Court in Chester
Pinders Healthcare Design Awards 2012
We are delighted to announce that The Millbrook in Stalybridge has won the Best Healthcare Design for Elderly Care Award.
Investors in People GOLD
In December 2011, Meridian Healthcare was awarded Investors in People Gold, the highest accolade under the IIP scheme. For more information go to: www.meridiancare.co.uk/iip
- Great North Care Awards 2011 - Care Team Award - Greatwood House in Denton
- Great North Care Awards 2011 - Dignity in Care Award - Susan Chadwick manager of Yew Trees
- Great North Care Awards 2011 - Activities Coordinator - Orla Stevenson from Daisy Nook House in Ashton-under-Lyne
- Great North Care Awards - Activities Coordinator - Orla Stevenson from Daisy Nook House in Ashton-under-Lyne
On 22nd June, Yew Trees, Fir Trees, The Beeches and Greatwood House achieved 'Daisy Status' and were awarded with plaques for completing the Dignity in Care Scheme over the past few months. Each completed and passed the three-part assessment process and have been recognised as providers of dignity for those in their care.
Nominated for the Skills for Care Most effective employer investment in apprenticeships award in the Skills for Care Accolades 2010
Food Hygiene Star Ratings awarded to care centres by local authorities
5 Stars awarded by Knowsley Council to Kirkby House under the Scores on the Doors Food Hygiene Rating System
5 Stars awarded by Leeds City Council to Rievaulx House part of the Armley Care Complex under the Scores on the Doors Food Hygiene Rating System
4 Stars awarded by Knowsley Council to Fazakerley House under the Scores on the Doors Food Hygiene Rating System
4 Stars awarded by Knowsley Council to Roby House and Roby Care Complex under the Scores on the Doors Food Hygiene Rating System
Winner - Alan Firth is an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2009 award recipient in the North and Midlands Region
Pinders Healthcare Design Awards
We are delighted to announce that Rievaulx House in Leeds has won the Best New Design for Elderly Care Award.
RDB 5 Stars
Westwood Lodge, Wigan
John Joseph Powell, Prescot
Gold Standard Framework for Care Homes Hallmark Accreditation
Recognised for excellence in end-of-life care:
White Rose House, Holmfirth
Hyde Nursing Home, Hyde, Cheshire
Great North Care Awards 2008 - Ancillary Worker - Jean Pearce (Activities Coordinator at Bridgewater Park, Scunthorpe)
UK National Care Awards 2008 - Activities coordinator - Jean Pearce, Activities Coordinator, Bridgewater Park
UK National Care Awards 2008 - Care Team - White Rose House, Holmfirth
- Pinders Design Awards 2007 - Best New Development - Roby House, Huyton
- Care Awards - Care Marketeer 2006 - Tessa Matthews, Group Marketing Manager
Care Awards - Care Innovator - Group HR Manager
- Pinders / This Caring Business Best Revival Project - Fazakerley House, Prescot
- MEN Business of the Year award
- Care Awards - Care Entrepreneur - Alan Firth, Meridian Healthcare MD
- Pinders / This Caring Business Best New Development for the Elderly - White Rose House, Holmfirth
- Care Awards - Care Marketeer 2005 - Joanne Hempstock, Care Centre Manager White Rose House