Contact Fir Trees
Manager: Holly Clegg
Gorse Hall Road
T: 0161 638 3904
F: 0161 304 8384
We have 46 single bedrooms, 42 of which have en suite facilities. Our en suites include a toilet and wash basin as standard and some rooms even have walk-in showers. Each bedroom also comprises a television, telephone point, thermostatic heat control and nurse call system. Some rooms have their own sitting areas and outdoor terraces for the ultimate apartment feel.
There are several lounge and dining areas, quiet rooms and a reception area where you can welcome your visitors. These rooms enable you to be as sociable or private as you wish - spend some quiet time with a good book or join in an activity from our extensive programme.
You will have your own personal care plan and can continue with your GP if he/she is able to see you. We can arrange a variety of healthcare visits for you including; optician, dentist, dietician, chiropody and physiotherapy. You will also find an in-house hairdressing salon and full laundry service.
Fir Trees also includes a purpose-built, fully equipped day care centre.
Up to 16 visitors a day can come for care and companionship, in a
friendly, safe environment. The social activities available are
excellent, and we provide up to three meals during the day. The day
care centre also has its own toilet and bathing facilities, separate
from the main care home.
All of this and more at Fir Trees...
- 46 Large Single Bedrooms
- 42 rooms have en suite facilities
- Some rooms have walk-in showers
- Some rooms have private sitting areas and outdoor terraces
- Superb dining, lounge and quiet areas on each floor
- Dedicated day care facility
- Lovely lawned gardens and patio areas
- Lift to upper floor
- Easy access for disabled
- Specialist bathing and shower facilities
- Nurse call system
- Specialist lifting and handling equipment
- Televisions in all rooms
- Welcoming reception
- Hairdressing salon
- Freedom to keep your own GP if they are still able to see you
- Choice of menus and specialised diets
- Free personal laundry service
- Newspaper delivery available
- Varied social and recreational activities
- Ample car parking
- Loop system available for the sensory impaired
How to find us
View Fir Trees in a larger map
Care centre enquiry
Types of care
- Residential care
- Nursing care
- Dementia care
- Respite care
- Day care
- Specialist dementia
- Specialist nursing dementia
Mr Ryan, relative
My sister is a resident at Fir Trees and is really well looked after. The staff are always extremely helpful, understanding and easy to talk to.
Fir Trees News
- Meridian's 30 homes' host Afternoon Tea for National Care Home Open Day
- Tameside Care Homes Receive Quality Seal of Approval
- Dukinfield developments: Fir Trees