Contact Greatwood House
Manager: Marie McPherson
T: 0161 638 3905
F: 0161 320 3896
About Greatwood House
We have 60 beautiful single bedrooms, all decorated and equipped to the highest standard. The majority of rooms include en-suite facilities and all comprise of a television, telephone and electronic nurse call system.
You can be as private or as sociable as you like. Our residents can relax in one of the comfortable lounges or participate in any of the arranged outings and in-house entertainment.
You will have your own personal care plan and can continue with your GP if he/she is able to see you. We can arrange a variety of healthcare visits for you including; optician, dentist, dietician, chiropody and physiotherapy. You will also find an in-house hairdressing salon and full laundry service.
Greatwood House also includes a purpose-built, fully equipped day care centre. Up to 16 visitors a day can come for care and companionship, in a friendly, safe environment. The social activities available are excellent, and we provide up to three meals during the day. The day care centre also has its own toilet and bathing facilities, separate from the main care home.
All of this and more at Greatwood House...
- 60 Large Single Bedrooms
- Majority of rooms have en suite facilities
- Superb dining, lounge and quiet areas
- Lovely lawned gardens and patio areas
- Easy access for disabled
- Specialist bathing and shower facilities
- Nurse call system
- Specialist lifting and handling equipment
- Televisions in all rooms
- Welcoming reception
- Hairdressing salon
- Freedom to keep your own GP if they are still able to see you
- Choice of menus and specialised diets
- Free personal laundry service
- Newspaper delivery available
- Varied social and recreational activities
- Ample car parking
- Loop system available for the sensory impaired
How to find us
View Greatwood House in a larger map
Care centre enquiry
Types of care
- Residential care
- Nursing care
- Dementia care
- Respite care
- Day care
- Specialist dementia
- Specialist nursing dementia
Clare Eades, Greatwood House resident
I came to live at Greatwood House eleven years ago and I live a good quality of life here. The carers are all dedicated to the needs of all residents and go out of their way to make sure we are content and comfortable. There are many activities on offer which help us to exercise both our bodies and minds and keep us active. I am very happy here.
Greatwood House News
- Dementia care video launched
- Meridian shows Community Spirit
- Meridian's 30 homes' host Afternoon Tea for National Care Home Open Day